Charlotte had a Halloween party today at Joy School and decided to wear Hazel's bumblebee costume. Something so cute about dressing your kids up as bugs and animals.

Charlotte in her Halloween "line-up" at Joy School.
My two babies!
It really was a beautiful fall Halloween day with hundreds of golden brown leaves on the ground. Again, I had the choice to go home and clean clean clean while Charlotte was at Joy School OR to take these babies somewhere fun and relaxing where we could make a memory. I'm grateful that I chose the latter. I do enough cleaning anyway! If felt rejuvinating to be there with my littles.
It's fun to see how much little ones LOVE to swing. It's a pretty exhilarating feeling when you think about it!
Edison's first time on the swing. Looks like a little teddy-bear in that hat.
Later that afternoon, we started preparing for Halloween night! Hazel spend about 45 minutes painting her entire face and neck with green paint to be the Grinch. She did it all by herself. Then we slipped on her green tights and Santa costume and voila!
Little Cindy Lou Who didn't take much work since she's a natural anyway.
We had chili in bread soup bowls shaped like pumpkins with some spiders on the table.
Gram and Papa Kevin came over for dinner and trick-or-treating.
Presenting: the Grinch and little Cindy Lou Who!
She really does look scary to me!
And a can of Who Hash and the Roast Beast!
I love that hat. And those dimples.
Max the dog! Dressed up as a reindeer.
The Grinch's heart and a larger Roast Beast joined us... (I love that they dress up to match us)
And I was a present. And my wrapping paper dress kept ripping every time I'd bend over to pick up a child. Don't worry, I was fully dressed underneath.
Willow borrowed Ellie's antlers to be a real Max, the dog.
After trick-or-treating the girls were so pooped that they came home, checked out their loot, ate a few pieces and then went straight to bed. David and I always watch a mildly scary movie on Halloween night since we NEVER watch scary movies, and afterwards I decided to peek in the girls' room.
I saw this:
Apparently, Cindy Lou Who decided she wanted to go to bed as a bumblebee and barely made it back onto her bed before she crashed.
Happy, happy Halloween.
Happy, happy Halloween.



























0 comments:
Post a Comment