October 2nd: After our sensory activity, Allie went home and I took the girls to the Treehouse. It was the first time we've had Hazel with us since she started school and ALL THREE got to go on stage for the play. It was Ellie's first time in the spot light. They were fun to watch up there together. Charlotte kept adjusting Ellie's ears.
That evening around dinner time, the girls were not being helpful and I was getting frustrated, so I took a time-out upstairs in my room. Charlotte came up to rub out my "grumpy lines," something I taught them to do to remind me not to give them all the stink-eye all the time, but this time I had beat her to it and had a happy face by time she came up. Time out for moms actually works. Go me. We had popsicles in the backyard with the chickens that night. Good night.

That evening around dinner time, the girls were not being helpful and I was getting frustrated, so I took a time-out upstairs in my room. Charlotte came up to rub out my "grumpy lines," something I taught them to do to remind me not to give them all the stink-eye all the time, but this time I had beat her to it and had a happy face by time she came up. Time out for moms actually works. Go me. We had popsicles in the backyard with the chickens that night. Good night.
I love love love listening to these debates. It's so interesting to hear such different perspectives. Romney is amazing.
We Phipps like to take advantage of any opportunity to celebrate. I made a nice dinner (always a huge feat for me) and decorated the table for the debate.
I got all dressed up today for no reason, so I found a substitute to go to David's church meeting for him and we went on a date. Then the movie we wanted to see at the dollar theater wasn't working and we came home early to children who weren't in bed yet. Boo.

Not sure how this happened, but how cute are they?
Friday, Oct 5th: Hazel didn't have school today so we spend all morning preparing games and activities for Conference weekend. Hope it pays off. These are the days that I don't even look down at what I'm wearing...
For example, I have no idea how long this piece of tape was on my leg.
Lottie however was quite the trend-setter that day.
Love those violins.
My dirty cute little girl with red marker on her nose and cheeks.









0 comments:
Post a Comment