Saturday, January 19, 2013

A Disney Princess Party

January 19th
Charlotte's big day started with a "doughnut cake" for breakfast which turned out to be a bad idea because these kids were BUZZIN' all morning! I tried to balance out the sugar with the bananas and strawberries but I wasn't successful...
But it was oh so yummy.

(We tried to curb Ellie's sugar rush with a carrot.)
Being the good husband that he is, David took those buzzin' kids to the Treehouse for me while I set up for our very first Disney Princess Party. How we've made it this long without such a girly celebration, I have no idea.
This is Ellie. Took me a while to figure that out.
It's blurry in this photo, but this is Charlotte's picture of the year.
It just screams sunshine and happiness.
 This amazing cake was made for me by Cakes by Janelle, who I highly recommend to anyone. I have always made my own birthday cakes, which I enjoy, but I had a friend refer me to Janelle and I decided to try it out. She made these lovely puppy cake pops for Eloise's birthday and it made my job as party planner so much easier! And she does a fantastic job, as you can tell.
This cake was perfect for Charlotte.

And Charlotte's favorite part: the edible crown!

I only wanted to serve cake and candies this time, so I had fun hunting down some candy dishes at DI and a local thrift store down town called Sock Monkeyin' Around. Love my new collection.
That's Charlotte's art piece from our activity time the other day in the background.

Oh and did I mention that my mom dressed up as Snow White for this party? She looked amazing and Charlotte didn't even know she was coming. What a fun surprise!
My mom is beautiful.

Eloise was very interested in those sparkly eyelashes.
 My cute brother, soon to be SIXTEEN, dressed up a bit as well.
More of a Men in Black theme for him.

And this little princess actually wore this dress-up dress for the entire party. Unlike her oldest sister, dress up is not her thing.
Oh so pretty.
Charlotte opened her present from us before the party started so she could dress up in her new Brave dress-up dress. She's been asking for that since last summer.
Grandma Lyn brought us some new Wii games to play together which I think we'll use a LOT.

Now tell me again, are these real or not?

Wii action.

This little boy just turned ten months. And he signs "all done." Hasn't said mama yet.
I'm waiting patiently.


We had a total of thirteen princesses and one "pirate" (he wanted to dress up too!). We started out with a princess craft where the girls decorated these sparkly crowns. When you're a princess, everything must sparkle.


Didn't get a picture, but I did find an eye patch for our pirate to decorate with jewels!

 Then we played a princessy version of Hot Potato with a stuffed frog prince. They had to pass him to one another while we sang:

Frog Prince Frog Prince
Watch and see
He'll become a Prince
When he kisses ME!

Something like that. I may have made it up just a minute before the game started.
Even our pirate kissed the frog.

And of course the trampoline was a big hit.
Uh oh, someone stole the pirate hat.
One last shot before we cut the cake. It's more painful when you've paid for it...

And there she went. You can ask anyone how many layers were in this top tier because I kept exclaiming outloud, "Can you believe that there are four layers just in the top tier??" Seriously? Four decadent layers of strawberry cake with a cream cheese frosting! This thing was better than our wedding cake. Janelle even makes her own fondant and it is fluffy and creamy goodness. Wow.
This one was happy.


We were so happy that David's brother Tyson and his family could make it from Idaho!
And last but not least, we had a pinata. I think Charlotte has asked me for this pinata every time we go to the party section of Walmart since she could speak. And it was a tough one to crack, which means it was a good one.
Hazel immediately went for the leftover castle to hold her candy.

Happy happy 4th birthday little Lottie Lou.
 

0 comments: