Friday, December 17, 2010

Ellie-weese

So, I'm a little behind.
We've been officially introduced to the woes of "colic" (or so we think that's what it is) and I haven't slept for more than three hours at a time for the past three nights--usually 8 am to 11 am. But I have to admit that hearing the doctor say colic was a huge relief compared to all the problems I conjured up in my mind while I tried unsuccessfully to calm my sweet baby's upset tummy night after night. Who would have thought that my biggest, ripest baby would be the colicky one?
Let me be clear: she is the perfect baby all day long.
She eats well, poops a ton, wakes up enough to smile at her sisters and show off her dimple in her left cheek and then sleep for another 3 to 4 hours. And then something happens to her little baby body around 11 pm and she becomes terribly uncomfortable. Her belly tightens and she cries out every 5 minutes in pain. So so sad.
Doctor says she's healthy. It's just colic.
We're praying for relief and trying out a few things we've heard will help out.
My mom has been with us for the past week and has been a TREMENDOUS help. I couldn't imagine how we could have survived this past week without her. She took the girls every morning so I could sleep, cooked our meals, washed my dishes, cleaned my house, and kept me company all day long. Today she had to go back home and I went into my kitchen and cried.
I miss her so much.
So we packed our bags and we're staying at David's parents house so that we can continue to get those precious three hours of sleep in the early morning--just when our other two girls wake up.
Yep, we're just not quite ready to be parents of three without help!
Thank goodness for grandparents.

So backing up...here's the first time the girls saw Ellie:
Photobucket
Hazel calls her "Ellie-weese"

Photobucket


Photobucket
See that little tear under Charlotte's left eye? That's because we already tried once to take Ellie away and she grabbed onto her and cried. So this picture is after we gave in and let her hold her for a little bit longer. So cute.

Photobucket
Look at that little face. She's going to be well taken care of by those big sisters of hers.

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket
Poor Gram still had a cough (that our girls gave her) so she's wearing a mask.


On Sunday afternoon (the 12th), we were released from the hospital and brought our little Eloise home to her sisters.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Charlotte helped carry that heavy carseat into the living room...
Photobucket

Photobucket
I love Ellie's face in this picture.
Photobucket

Photobucket
First family photo. Glad I'm not wearing any make-up.
We love our girls!
Photobucket

Photobucket
Something happened between this picture and the next; I'm not sure what it was, but I love their faces in the next photo.
Photobucket

When we rinsed Ellie's hair, it went totally curly! Once it dried, it was straight again, but I thought those curls were pretty cute.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
This is after her first real bath. Yes, I still have to take a picture of these precious "firsts."
Photobucket
We let the girls feed Ellie a bottle. They thought that was the greatest thing ever.
Photobucket
Charlotte said, "I feed Ellie milk!"
Photobucket
She is still trying to figure out how to make those eyes work...
Photobucket
Even though this is my third girl, I still have SO much fun getting her dressed.
Photobucket
Ellie looking at her dad. She is one week old today.

Sweet Eloise, we love you so much.

Thanks for all your comments and compliments and support. We love you all and hope to get some semblance of a Christmas card out to you soon (via email, of course. Come on).

Merry Christmas!

7 comments:

Beckareckateck said...

We are so happy for you! You are my hero!!! Like the marathon you and Derek ran together...he said if he were the one having babies he would have tried it natural, even just once to say he did it. I was not that brave.

She is just precious, along with your first two girls. I love the picture with the two staring each other down. Kendall was colickie...that was hard...but we made it through...and if we send him to you to take him to the MTC, you'll have another nursing baby like you did with Josh!!!

Janelle said...

OOOOOOooooh! I've been checking in on this post for a while! I want to call you. I keep thinking of you but with the hustle and bustle of Christmas (T minus 1 week!) I keep getting sidetracked. But know I am wondering how you're doing and hoping it's going well. Love you and your little Eloise too!

Ben and Camille said...

love this post! you look amazing and i just love her already. her hair is adorable:) i can't believe you have 3 girls!! you're an incredible mom janelle. good luck with the colic! yikes!! hope to see you in a month or so.

Richard & Analeis said...

Where do I begin? She's adorable! Or Congratulations? I'm sticking with adorable.
Secondly - her older sisters are ADORABLE! I really hope Lyla is excited and wants to help with her little brother.
Thirdly. I expect you to remember my birthday every year from here on out because "Ellie-weese" and I share a birthday.
I'm jealous you have a newborn to celebrate Christmas with! What a treasure!

Alison said...

Congratulations, Janelle. All three are deliciously cute. I could eat them up. Good job on going natural with the delivery, too. I get all excited when I read natural birthing stories. Both my girls were natural, and I wouldn't have it any other way. I love reading about your cute family.

Liz said...

i love the update janelle! hope the colic gets better soon. merry christmas!

love.

Steph-Ann said...

I had a hypnobirthing home-birth with Johnathan. It was unbelievable! I am NOT, however, planning on going that route with Baby #4 (30 weeks and counting!) when she comes. That's one of those things I think I can check off my list and say "OK, did that, on to the next thing that will make people say 'i can't believe you did that!'" You did good, momma, all three are precious! You really seem to be crankin' em out, tho. How far apart are your girls? Love ya!!