Saturday, June 7, 2008

Hazel's First Birthday Party




This hat was made just for Hazel by her Grandma Grimshaw.



Ladybug Cake made by Janelle


Bug Cupcakes! I love them. The little frogs are my favorite even though they're not really bugs.



For Hazel's first birthday party we did a Ladybug Party! We had a blast and she seemed to have a lot of fun with her little (and big) friends and family. Thank you to everyone who came and thank you for all of the wonderful gifts!

I made a ladybug cake for Hazel which she poked at with very little interest until she noticed the dots (Junior Mints) which she started picking off and shoving into her mouth. I also made little bug cupcakes for the kids which were a lot of fun to make. The sun was out, we had great shade, plenty of food, and very good company.

More pics are coming!

4 comments:

Alisa said...

Oh My gosh Janelle....how adorable, all of it!!! I'm so sad we couldn't make it!!! Hazel looks like an adorable 1 year old!! LOVE the cupcakes.

Kelsi said...

Janelle, those are the cutest little cupcakes!!! What a cute birthday party! I can't believe Hazel is already 1! We need to get together again!

Unknown said...

What a fun party. Those cupcakes look GOOOOD! You're such a Martha Stewart... & her hat i, totally adorable! Wish we could have been there. Thanks for sharing the party pics.

Juliann said...

Everything was so cute! The cupcakes and the cake were incredible. Janelle , you're so talented! Such good ideas. . . I loved the baby food jar goodies, too!