
Here is the cute swimsuit that we left at home. My wonderful neighbor, Erica, broke into my house for me and passed it on to one of the families that hadn't left Salt Lake yet. So worth it, right??

So I do realize that all of these pictures are of Hazel. I really tried to take more pics of other family too, but all the ones with her are so much cuter!

Thanks to Mom and Jay for inviting us on this wonderful trip!
This is Bradley (middle) with Jaymie's son Dallin and Jay's son Nate's daughter, Bailey. What a huge family we have now! All of the younger boys got mohawks for the trip (to Jay's chagrin).

Okay, here is the only picture I took of just David and I and it is probably one of the worst picture of the two of us. Now you can see why I only post pics of Hazel. (I love that by this point we'd been at Powell for a few days and we're still glowing white).
Hazel really just wanted to eat all of the sand on the beach, so we had to find ways to distract her.
Whenever we took her out on the waverunner or the boat, she'd get her game face on and wouldn't crack a smile once. It's the same face she gets whenever we go for a walk outside. It's like she takes these things very seriously.David and I had never been to Lake Powell before this trip. It's amazing! What beautiful scenery around the lake--I never tired of it. We left on a Tuesday and didn't have to return until Sunday. We stayed the entire time on Jay's houseboat, which was spacious and very comfortable. We even got our own room. With us on the boat were my Mom and Jay, his brother Roger, three of Jay's daughters and their families and two other grandchildren. We were packed in, but it made for a lot of fun. One of the daughters, Lacey, loves to cook which meant that while the other houseboats with us were eating easy meals like spaghetti and pasta salads, we were eating homemade biscuits and gravy, pancakes with homemade maple syrup, scones made from scratch, and for Father's Day, filet mignon with cheesy potatoes. Oh my goodness. It was heaven.
We rode waverunners, went tubing, wake boarding, swimming, exploring--it was awesome. My favorite was wakeboarding and I wish I had someone take pictures! I've only been a few times before and it was long ago. I had never tried it behind a waverunner, but it was easy to get up and I even graduated to steering myself across the wake with one hand (which makes it a lot easier). David was a great driver and cheerleader. He actually told me that he wouldn't take me in until I tried letting go of one hand--and by this time I was freezing and exhausted. So the next time around, I did it and then I didn't want to stop because it was so much fun. We really had a fantastic trip. Thank you to Mom and Jay and the rest of the family for inviting us!
We rode waverunners, went tubing, wake boarding, swimming, exploring--it was awesome. My favorite was wakeboarding and I wish I had someone take pictures! I've only been a few times before and it was long ago. I had never tried it behind a waverunner, but it was easy to get up and I even graduated to steering myself across the wake with one hand (which makes it a lot easier). David was a great driver and cheerleader. He actually told me that he wouldn't take me in until I tried letting go of one hand--and by this time I was freezing and exhausted. So the next time around, I did it and then I didn't want to stop because it was so much fun. We really had a fantastic trip. Thank you to Mom and Jay and the rest of the family for inviting us!



4 comments:
The swimsuit break-in was sooo worth it! I LOVE it!! She's growing up to fast. I'm so glad we get to watch her grow up even though we're all the way in California. It looks like another great Phipps family trip. Your mom looks great and I'm lovin Bradley's Mohawk!!
how fun!! and that is an ADORABLE swimsuit!!!
i absolutely love love love lake powell! i've been going there since i was a kid and i still can't get enough of it. it's about the only place where doing nothing is so relaxing and never gets old.
WAHOO!! We LOVE Lake Powell and spent a week there with my family! Bree just loved it!
Post a Comment