"P" is for Popcorn. I typically don't post on my family blog about our activities and crafts since I started an entirely different blog to record those things. However, they have become some of my favorite memories with my children and I can't help but write about some of them!
At one of my Learning Circle meetings, I heard a mom tell a story about
when her mom was popping popcorn for her kids the "old fashioned way"
and spontaneously decided to pull off the lid and let the popcorn pop
out of the bowl. I loved this! Since the following week was the letter
P,
I decided to give it a go.
And so we did. I got out the kernels, heated the oil, poured them in and waited for those popping sounds to start. Once they got going and the girls were leaning in with anticipation, I lifted the lid excitedly, thinking I was seriously the coolest mom ever. Immediately Hazel hit the floor, covering her head, yelling, "What are you doing??!" I looked down at her surprised and said, "Look! The popcorn is popping out of the bowl! Isn't this fun?" She slowly stood up, still protecting her face and said, "Put the lid back on!" And so, instead of making a great memory with my kids, I scared them to death. With popcorn kernels.
They were still happy with the end product though.
Sometimes I take picture of myself making dinner because I'm so d@#% proud of myself.
This was banana that I later realized had been there for a long time.
Look at that tiny closed fist and cleft chin. Love him.





0 comments:
Post a Comment