Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Christmas Service Project

Every year we do a family service project around Christmas time. This year we came up with a fun idea involving 25 candy canes.

Photobucket
This candy cane jar was our advent calendar. Starting on December 1st, we pulled out a candy cane and wrote a note to go with it for someone we love. I also printed copies of a little poem that talks about the symbolism of the candy cane.





Photobucket
Hazel was a champion note-writer. We gave these candy canes away to friends, neighbors, and family members.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
On Christmas Eve, we delivered the last candy cane to a family anonymously along with some gifts that were donated by the students in our Joy School group. I LOVE door bell ditching with my girls. We get such a thrill out of it.

 Photobucket

1 comments:

Laura said...

What a cute idea, I might need to steal it for this Christmas.