This past Mother's Day, I was looking for a fun gift idea and stumbled upon these fabric flowers. I loved the idea and made a bunch to sell in July at the Liberty Days festivities in Ogden Valley. I now use them all the time for my little girls and as cute baby girl gifts.
I've been thinking about embellishing them a bit and selling them with matching skirts at a local baby boutique here in Ogden, and I just found these on Heather Bailey's blog.Aren't they beautiful?
I have to add that in that post, Heather Bailey mentions her vintage buttons and this summer I happened upon my greatest find of the year so far: a bag of my very own vintage buttons. I fell in love. Every woman needs her own button collection in my opinion and I officially started mine last year when my grandmother gave me her buttons. Now I have an entire jar full of them and I can't wait to dig through and find some good ones for these bows.
So pull out your scraps of fabric and make these fabric flower hair clips. You'll love them.
Mine are much simpler than Heather's, but she has some great ideas to dress them up. I also appreciate her new felt line because it is so true: most fabric stores have a very limited color selection in felt. And there's so many possibilities with felt!

3 comments:
I love Heather Bailey & those flowers! I was hoping I'd be making those cute head bands for the baby but I guess that will have to be put on hold for a couple years...
Thanks a lot for giving me your blog address {sarcasm} because now I feel totally inadequate. I don't make cute fabric flowers, I don't run marathons, and I don't read books on how to be a better parent! Geez, just kidding. But really you need to not be so cute. Now you have two more friends in this city so I'm excited to get together and have craft night, we better do it for sure and not just say we will.
Holy big-eyed baby!! I thought it was just my friend that had a big-eyed baby girl, but Lottie has amazingly huge eyes! I thought for a second you had a picture of baby Jessica on your site, because my friend puts big flower headbands on her big-eyed baby. I lovingly call baby Jess "Bugsy" (Bedtime stories) and Zoe calls her "the staring baby." Good times!
Post a Comment