Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Addiction


Right now I am eating stale graham crackers because they were the only thing that sounded compatible with the Duncan Hines dark chocolate fudge frosting in my fridge...which was the only thing chocolatey and sweet in my house. I have an addiction to sweets. I LOVE to bake, mostly so I can have as many cookies at my fingertips as I want to. I never BUY sweets, but I do find ways to make them or create them with random things in my pantry (thus the stale grahams and frosting).

So, I need your help. I need HEALTHY yummy treat recipes. I know there's stuff out there that you can make with peanut butter and oatmeal (two of my very favorite things) that is healthier than your typical chocolate chip cookies or cupcakes, etc. Any ideas out there? Pass them on to me! And hurry before I gain 75 lbs satisfying my cravings with trans-fatty sugary frosting--yum!

P.S. I had an ultrasound today and I'm going to try and post all of our pics so far so you all can see how adorable this little baby girl growing inside of me is. We got a shot of her sucking on her fingers that is pretty darn cute. All is well with her so far, thank goodness.

Janelle

5 comments:

Ben and Camille said...

ya i don't think there is such a thing as HEALTHY good yummy treats. at least i don't want to know about them. man--go ahead and gain 75 pounds! you'll still be a little gorgeous thing.

we'll be here in cali for thanksgiving! so let us know if you're coming! then we'll be in utah for christmas.

ben has loved his first 2 days of work! he's gotten home around 8:30 both nights though:( which is new to me.

loves!

rudi said...

send the good recipes you get my way. i don't have many healthy ones... but i'll look. also, i LOVE the picture at the top of your blog. so cute!

Liz said...

haha! we really are going through the exact same thing! it's nice to be able to eat these things, but i agree, i need some more healthy snacks. i don't want to have to take off 100 pounds after this baby is born. have you guys decided on a name yet?

Slovebunny said...

Ok you make diet soda cake...
Take any cake mix...you seem to prefer chocolate hahaha :0
Then take any can or 12 oz of diet soda... for chocolate diet cherry coke might be very yummy. Or
Diet Dr Pepper.
Mix only those 2 things together & then cook as package says. No eggs, no oil...
For the frosting use fat free coolwhip - if you don't want that plain take a sugar free/ fat free jello pudding mix and mix into the coolwhip.

I made diet lemon lime soda in a lemon cake mix.
Mixed lemon pudding with ff coolwhip and Steve was like this is awesome... Oh because we are huge lemon fans I actually mixed in lemon juice to the coolwhip and poured some on the cake as it was cooling. Which added no extra fat and like really no extra calories.

As for the peanut butter. They have a lower fat version its kind of expensive though and you can only buy it on the internet @ Bellplantation.com.
Its called PB2..its a powdered peanutbutter you need to add water to. Essentially, the oil is "squeezed out" of roasted peanuts and what remains is our famous PB2. I have some and love it I add it to pudding and smoothies but haven't tried like cake mixes or anything yet.

Ben and Camille said...

Ok so I was searching for a healthier "cookie" and found this blog where it says to use applesauce instead of butter, my mom actually told me this once and that it takes the same but is SO much healthier. So there's a tip!
http://occasionalbursts.blogspot.com/2007/10/no-butter-oatmeal-cookies-healthy-and.html