My dear friend Jackie from Antioch "tagged" me to do one of these silly little interviews that I've always refused to do and for some reason I gave in and tried it. So you totally have my permission to skip this post and not read it because I'm not all that interesting!! Here it is:
I am: a wannabe writer. My day will come.
I have: many many things on my life’s To Do list.
I had no idea: that being married could be so stinkin’ amazing.
I Am: always hungry.
I Think: that California is the most beautiful state in our country. Sorry Utah, I do love you, but I left my heart in Livermore.
I Know: life is beautiful.
I Want: a Big Chill retro refrigerator, baby blue.
I Have: a Frigidaire
I Dislike: people that chew loudly. Especially cereal, yuck!
I Miss: the farm in Eugene, going to dances, my cat Tigger, my first kiss with David, the Larson’s and the Garrison’s (yeah November!), and my waist.
I Fear: Porta-potties and skin diseases. Freaks me out.
I Feel: excited to move into our new house, anxious for the holidays, grateful for our amazing friends, and full from enchiladas, corn on the cob, salad, and two chocolate chip cookies. Yummy.
I Smell: the leftover enchiladas still sitting on our table.
I Crave: the feeling of a soft and sweet newborn baby on my chest.
I Cry: when I’m frustrated.
I Usually: leave the last bite of my sandwich untouched.
I Search: home renovation ideas and clothes for Hazel at Old Navy.
I Wonder: what it feels like to love your kitchen. One day.
I Regret: not sticking with dance and piano lessons.
I Love: when Hazel cuddles, feeling my baby kick, mornings, donuts, surprises, interior decorating, a well-written story, and birthdays.
I Care: about pleasing people I care about.
I Always: stay up late.
I Worry: that I will never be published.
I Am Not: always the first to see the positive side of things…but I am really trying to be better. I am.
I Remember: very long numbers easily. Like my library card number.
I Believe: that I live a very charmed life.
I Dance: to children’s songs in my living room with my one year old (my how things do change)
I Sing: only at appropriate times—formal settings, when invited, etc. I’ve never been one to sing out loud all the time in front of other people. That kinda bothers me.
I Don't Always: drink enough water (I’m right there with you Jackie).
I Argue: especially when I know David’s right. I’m stubborn, he’s opinionated. And ornery.
I Write: everything and anything that comes to my mind and then try to twist and shape it into a story that moves me. I've also written in a journal since I was eight.
I Win: Boggle. Every time. And Gin Rummy, most of the time.
I Lose: bets. No matter what it is.
I Wish: I was a better seamstress.
I Listen: to everything. I’m a “people listener.” I love catching the little things that most people miss. Except when it comes to movies; then I never hear anything.
I Don't Understand: how people can choose vanilla over chocolate. Or eat whipped cream on their icecream. Blah.
I Can Usually Be Found: at home reading a book, playing with Hazel, working on a project, or staring in disgust at my dishes.
I Am Scared: of regrets.
I Need: my husband to come home when he says he will. Or else I freak out.
I Forget: people’s birthdays. Sorry.
I Am turning 26 this Friday! Yipee!
Wednesday, October 15, 2008
A little more about....me
Posted by The Phipps: at 8:58 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
I LOVED this post. It was so cute! I know that I avoided doing the stupid tags but then I enjoyed doing it! I am SO much like you in so many ways. I love that you hate porta-potties and I will always remember Subway:) I would have totally gone in and held your hand...next time! I LOVE YOU!
You did it! and just for me... i must be special ;) Thanks for letting us take a peek into the 'real Janelle'. We miss you too and are sooo excited to see you next month. Its given me the motivation i needed to get my house in order!! Yippie... and happy early birthday!!
We love you!
Happy Birthday! I love reading your blog, you are such a great mom and I am excited for you to have your second little girl. :)
Are you kidding? You're fascinating!! And a great writer. I love your posts. You'll publish, I'm sure of it.
Happy Birthday, my Nellie!!! Hehe, we're finally preggers at the same time, and we both have our birthdays while we're preggers! I love it! I guess the only difference is I'll have a little one on the outside at the Christmas shin-dig, and you'll still have yours on the inside. :-D Love ya!!
Happy Birthday. By the way, you danced with me in front of the mirror to a glamerized church hymn. I always new you were a dancer, dancing is a great way to destress!
Post a Comment