Hazel kept taking her hat off on the trail, so Brad wore it for her
Bradley trying to catch some water off of Weeping Rock
Janelle, Hazel and Bradley at the campsite
Mom, Jay, Brad, and Hazel
Zions is beautiful!
Hazel hangin' with her mom in the car

Janelle, Hazel and Bradley at the campsite
Mom, Jay, Brad, and Hazel
Zions is beautiful!
Hazel hangin' with her mom in the carOn Friday, May 2nd we took off for Cedar City where my mom is currently living with her husband Jay. They're staying with Jay's brother (they're planning on building a house in St. George) who has one of the most beautiful homes I've ever stayed in. Cherry wood floors, dark mahogany-stained trim, travertine bathrooms, and a theatre room where the chairs actually shake and rumble during loud and action-packed scenes. Even the sheets on our bed felt like they were 4,000 count--it was wonderful!
The next day we headed over to Zion's for a beautiful hike. Jay used to work at Zion's for years so he showed us all of the secrets that most people don't know about (like this tiny little arch that is barely noticeable in the rock in one place). They hiked with us up to Weeping Rock and then we (David, Hazel, Bradley and I) continued up further towards Observation Mountain (or Point? I don't remember right now). We hiked for about two hours and then decided that we'd better head back to camp for dinner. The weather was clear, sunny and cool. The scenery was breath-taking--it was just what we needed!
That night we camped in the park next to the river, eating pita pizzas and s'mores. Bradley made a new friend, a little girl from the campsite next to us, who happened to be a pretty savvy card player. Everyone slept great except for me. I've decided that I love to camp, as long as I have a pillow and a pad underneath my sleeping bag (neither of which I had this time). Sunday we returned back to my Mom and Jay's, went four-wheeling, took naps, ate great food, and headed home. I just LOVE vacations.



3 comments:
this is one of those times when i really miss utah. it looks like so much fun.
and your baby is adorable.
ooohhh, looks like fun! Glad you had a nice time.
Its BRADLEY! We miss your family... remember when we got that edible bug at the mystery spot and "The Bradley's" took that picture of them about to eat it?! That was such a fun day...
tell your family HI from us!!
Post a Comment