Tuesday, November 23, 2010

38 1/2 weeks

This is a comparison of my prego belly at the same stage with Charlotte and Ellie (left and right, respectively). Pretty close huh? I feel like I'm a tiny bit bigger on the right, but maybe that's just because that's how I presently feel...bigger.

Photobucket
It's funny how I've been able to get more prepared with each baby so far. Hazel was WAY unexpected. We had just refinished our bedroom and finally moved in after sleeping in the front room for a couple of months. I had spent an entire day unpacking the last of the boxes in our front rooms, making a total mess. I got a terrible 24 hour bug the next day which kept me in bed, planning to clean like crazy the next day. Then, at 6 in the morning, my water broke and little Hazel came along.

With Charlotte (the picture on the left) I had just finished cleaning and unpacking everything since the move into our new house. I look so content because everything was actually clean and somewhat organized, except for my bedroom, which I was going to tackle the next day. Charlotte was born within eight hours of this picture!

And SO, with Eloise I have been determined to have everything ready. I keep thinking to myself, "If she's born tomorrow...will I feel ready?" It seems like there's always something; when the kitchen is spotless, the front room is messy or when I get the laundry done, someone pees on their sheets. But I have been able to clean the entire house and finish the "big" projects I needed to get done, so I'm just trying to maintain things. Our "to go" bags are packed and the new car seat has been installed in the car. I've been practicing my hypnobirthing techniques at night--I'm getting so excited! So come any time Eloise; we're ready! (well, after Thanksgiving would be quite nice...)

6 comments:

We put the hip in phipps said...

We keep thinking we're going to get a phone call anyday telling us she' here! Can't wait to meet her. Good Luck! :)

Richard & Analeis said...

I couldn't post a comparison photo of Lyla and Ezra. I'm huge! You look amazing! And let's be honest... are we ever ready? ;-)

Jenny Bobo said...

Good Luck! I hope everything goes perfect!! Can't wait to see pictures!

Unknown said...

So brad has vacation next week and I want so very bad to drive to Utah and see you and the new baby! Just thought I'd mention that!

I hope your already here baby Eloise; getting lots of kisses from your family! Can't wait for pics!!!!

Janelle said...

I have to call you! I can't believe Miss Eloise is already almost here! And your HOUSE! I want to eat up these pictures and try out some of your design techniques...you are AMAZING. amAZing!! The whole house is showroom perfect!

Liz said...

you look beautiful janelle! can't wait for you and to see pics of the new addition! love.