Thursday, February 18, 2010

The best four years

February 11, 2010

I'm sure everyone says this but it really seems like David and I have been married much longer than four years. Maybe it's because we've known each other for twelve or because we've had two kids or maybe because time flies and all the moments that happen in between when you're not paying attention add up to so much more than just four years. There have been so many "firsts" together: first apartment, first trip to the grocery story together (we fought b/c David was a know-it-all cook and I wanted to provo myself as a great housewife), first Christmas, first couch (after 3 yrs of marriage), first time having someone else accidentally (or not??) use your toothbrush, first family home evening, first baby, first of many sleepless nights, first house, first head-on collision with poverty, first realization that you're not in it alone anymore and there's always someone on your side, first major mishap with the crock pot and a sweetheart who ate it anyway, first college graduation, first real success at work, first trip to the ER with a baby, first time wondering how on earth we got ourselves from there to here so quickly...when did we grow up? Sometimes he smiles at me and he's still the 15 year old with a cast on his leg who asked me to dance to U2's "with or without you"; the boy who drove to the middle of nowhere for a Jr. Miss pageant and took me to a county fair somewhere along the way home even though it was way past our curfew; The one who carved a bear for me out of a block of wood, drove nearly three hours back and forth just to take me out on a date; the boy who told me he loved me before he first kissed me and put a tiny ruby on the inside of my wedding ring so that I would always remember his personal and eternal love for me.

Happy Anniversary my sweet David.

Photobucket

For this year's celebration we ate at Timbermine Steak House...


And went swimming at the hot pots in Ogden Canyon. It was the best. Ever.


1 comments:

Unknown said...

I LOVE YOU GUYS! You too are the LUCKIEST to have each other. Did you know that every time I hear that song, The Luckiest, I think of your first dance. It was the first time I had EVER heard that song and it totally made me cry. It was perfect for you guys. I can't believe how quickly time flies. I love how much the two of you remind me of Bradley and I. We are lucky lucky girls.